Project Soar is non-profit organization, registered in the U.S. and Morocco. The organization was founded in 2013 by Morocco-based American social entrepreneurs, Maryam Montague and Chris Redecke.
Project Soar provides 50 lessons to empower teenage girls in the developing world. The Project Soar program is based off the 5 Pillars of Empowerment, which embody our beliefs that every girl should have the opportunity to know her Value, Voice, Body, Rights and Path.
A Project Soar Girl…
- Knows her Value. She is confident, has high self-esteem, and respects her own worth and potential.
- Knows her Voice. She communicates her thoughts clearly, resolves conflict effectively and advocates for herself productively.
- Knows her Body. She understands changes in her body and values her own health and wellness.
- Knows her Rights. She embraces her right to an education and understands her right to be free from exploitation, violence and forced marriage.
- Knows her Path. She has tools to envision her future, sets goals assertively and conducts action planning with ease.